Mini plum tomato and halloumi skewers with pesto
The sweetness of cherry tomatoes goes nicely with this halloumi and is a great meat alternative for summer barbecues.
20 Minutes Serves 4 Vegetarian
- Firstly let’s make the pesto. Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to combine until the mixture is coarsely ground. Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon and nutritional yeast and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Arrange your skewers by alternating the halloumi cheese and mixed plum tomatoes. Baste the kebabs in the pesto.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill pan and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the tomatoes are just tender.
- Serve while still hot with warm pitta bread.